By now a good number of you have heard about Ruzivo Digital, the e-learning platform that was launched recently and is targeting primary and secondary students. The platform is now live and you can visit it on https://www.ruzivodigitallearning.co.zw/
“Ruzivo digital learning is an online interactive digital learning platform targeted at primary and secondary students in Zimbabwe. All our content is aligned to the Zimbabwean curricula. Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7 Mathematics and Science education content has been endorsed by the ministry of Primary and Secondary Education, Curriculum Development Unit (CDU).” – Ruzivodigitallearning
We got a chance to test it out. For that we created a demo account via https://www.ruzivodigitallearning.co.zw/user/registration/ . The trial account is free for 2 months.
There is demo version also available on ruzivodigitallearning which you can access without creating an account here https://www.ruzivodigitallearning.co.zw/demo
Currently there is material for Grades 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the subjects Mathematics, Science and English Language. We tried out the grade 6 subjects for the preview.
On the demo version you will have:
- Grade 4: Mathematics – Subtraction of whole numbers, Science – Energy and Fuel, English – Punctuation
- Grade 5: Mathematics – Addition of whole numbers, Science – Trees and Forestry, English – Joining Words
- Grade 6: Mathematics – Shapes, Science – Pollution, English – Fact and opinion using ‘none’ and ‘no’
- Grade 7: Mathematics – Ratio and Scale, Science – Water, English – Spellings / nouns from verbs / verb forms
- All the content on a topic loads at once meaning you can open a page and study offline.
all content for the topic is preloaded, clicking next takes you to the next page even offline
- Its zero rated on Econet connections. While we like this we do not believe every person will use a mobile device to access the platform.
- Each topic has various exercises giving the pupil adequate practice for each topic. Oddly enough almost every exercise has 10 questions.
- There is a record of results for the exercises taken showing your score, number of attempts made and date of exercise. Note: The results you see will be of your most recent attempt on that exercise. It would be good to also have an average score for all attempts on that exercise.
Results of exercises taken in Mathematics showing score from last attempt, how many attempts and total exercise score
- The user experience is not as smooth as it could be. The colour combinations and instructions could be improved. For exercises it would also be good to have an example of how it should be completed. Diagrams are also good to use in combination with instructions e.g. a forward arrow for next and backward arrow for back
need for examples on how to complete the exercise
- Updating account won’t allow you to switch grades so you can only see material for the grade you registered. You can also not change the grade if you made a mistake on registration. For the above we are not sure but maybe it’s a restriction for trial accounts.
- You can only renew subscription with Ecocash. We are sure not all the users will be Ecocash registered so we hope they will open up more payment options.
- Right click has been disabled
So what would we like to see on Ruzivo 2.0
- Topic Badges – Every pupil loves badges. I would be great if each topic had a badge to show completion.
- More payment options
Currently there is only one payment option. We need more
- Allow a registered user to access the full bouquet of content across the different grades.
- When showing the results of an exercise we would like to see the wrong answers given. This would help the to see if it was an actual error or spelling error.
Gallery of Ruzivo