By Lindsay Chiswe
The recently ended Harare Junior Council leadership camp had a life changing tutorial from African Evangelistic Enterprise Zimbabwe (A.E.E.Z) which was ably represented by Bishop Guide Makore.
During the presentation Bishop Makore said: Life skills are pyscho-social abilities for adaptive behaviour that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of life. It has to do with soft skills, study skills, moral development, assertiveness, and emotional intelligence.
Life skills are usually grouped into three broad categories that of cognitive skills: for analysing and using information, personal skills: for developing personal urgency and managing oneself and interpersonal skills for communicating and interacting effectively with others.
Problem solving, critical thinking, interpersonal relation and effective communication forms the greater part of this broad subject, the Life Skills.
To achieve this, positive attitude plays a pivotal role so as to achieve these life skills and negative attitude affect the way one thinks,
Positive attitude enables you to do the following:
- Believe in yourself and abilities
- It enables you to look for solutions not problems.
- It enables you to see and recognise opportunities. You will have an eye for opportunities.
- Positive attitude increases your abilities and brings you hope for a brighter future.
- Positive attitude enables you to inspire and influence others.
Attitude is a way of thinking, behaving or feeling about someone or something. It is typically reflected in a person’s behaviour. A positive attitude helps you to cope more easily with the daily affairs of life and in every situation or problem one needs to have a positive attitude.
With a positive attitude, you see the bright side of life despite gloomy days. It is certainly a state of mind that is worthwhile developing.
How to know when you have positive life skills.
- Positive thinking- the way you speak or think should be positive
- Creative thinking- people with creative thinking they do not quickly get stranded or trapped
- Optimistic– people with positive attitude they know how to look at a situation differently in life. A problem can be a blessing in disguise
- Attitude of happiness- People with positive attitude have a free spirit
- Motivation and Energy – people with positive attitude accomplish the goals they would have set.
Attitude is everything – attitude is the key to success
A.E.E.Z works with Junior Council in offering chaplaincy services and life changing tutorials. The organisation facilitates on teaching on life skills and soft skills at their Fridays meetings.